Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Really Do Suck

I like rockabilly music and got turned on to it in the swing/roots revival of the 90's. I bought a bunch of CD's of bands that you've not heard of and played some of them on the trip to Vegas. One of the bands I like is Big Sandy and the Fly Right Boys. I've wanted to see them for a while but for some reason they dropped off of my radar screen.
OK, I'm channel surfing last Sunday and I notice on the public access channel that "Big Sandy" is on at 8pm. Hmmmm, could this be THE Big Sandy?
I turn on the channel at the right time and sure as shit Big Sandy played the downtown Concord Farmers Market. It was taped and the two set show was on the tv. I was pissed that I didn't pay enough attention to his web site to already know this, but was stoked to finally see them play. And, I was not disappointed. What a cool band. I can't wait to see them live and in person. I even wrote Big Sandy an email apologizing for not knowing about the local shows and promising to keep more up to date.

No comments: