Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A Shocker

No, not that kind of shocker. But, I actually put some coins in the Salvation Army kettle in front of the Walgreen's today. I usually don't pull coins out of my pocket for anything, but I don't know what got into me.
When I went back to college, I took a Speech 1A class at night. One of the gals got up and spoke on how the Salvation Army helped her get off meth and get her life together. She must have been in her mid 20's, awfully young to be going down the wrong path of like. She spoke highly of the Salvation Army's help. That struck me, and it was a while ago. They do follow one of the Savior's teachings, to help the poor. Don't see the Pope and the Catholic Church doing much of that.

1 comment:

Poodles said...

When my grandmother left my grandfather (who used to beat her) with their 3 kids, the salvation army helped her out a lot with food and clothes for the kids and they never requested or require she join. I always drop change in if I have it.